Friday, February 8, 2008

faneeeetooh!

I finally finished Blue Like Jazz! Probably the best read....well ever. I haven't read THAT many books, so this one definitely tops the list! The last 2 chapters were amazing. How to really love yourself and Jesus.

Don and I have a lot in common. But we are also very different. But one thing that he made me realize in the 2nd to last chapter was you can't accept someone elses love if you don't love yourself. You have to know you are worthy of love to honestly receive it.

I am letting the people around me decide my value. My value has to come from God. God wants me to receive His love, so I have to love myself. Love your neighbor as yourself. Love yourself as you love your neighbors.






What does Jesus mean to you?

In the last chapter, Don's friend Alan went around and asked a bunch of people questions. He asked this guy, Bill Bright a bunch of questions, and lastly he asked him what Jesus meant to him. Mr. Bright could not answer his question. Instead he started to cry. He sat there and w e p t . I want to love Jesus like that. Don't get me wrong, I love Jesus. But I want to fall inlove so deeply with Him....to where I weep at the sound of his name.


Father....I love you so much. Thank you for opening my eyes wider than they ever have been. I just want you to put a song in my heart....that song that sums me up and that glorifies you. Help me break down whatever it is inside of me that is not letting me truly love myself. Give me the securities I need to receive love so I can only fall deeper in love with you.

No comments: