Saturday, February 9, 2008

Lent

Ash wednesday came way too quickly for me. I was planning on doing lent this year for the very first time ever, and then the day after I decided that, it was ash wednesday! WHAT! So starting sunday, after reading up a little bit and making sure I know the full meaning of what Lent is supposed to be, I'm going to give up something that I do way too much that takes up way too much of my time and focus that time on growing closer in my relationship with God.

It will be my first of many fasts, I hope to come. The reason I have decided to do this was to minimize something unimportant in my life and give that time to God instead. This one thing I am giving up is myspace. I'm on there way too much. I could be reading my bible, praying, working out, and doing a lot of other things that would help me grow closer in my relationship to God. I figured I could do this thing first, give up myspace, to dip my toes into the water. To know what it feels like to be disciplined for my savior. Since I wasn't expecting ash wednesday, I'm going to officially start Sunday. No more myspace until easter. I have other ways you can contact me. My email is lisahaddix2268@yahoo.com, and I will still be blogging, since I feel that is actually helping my relationship with Him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Lisa, if i'm correct i believe that whatever you give up for lent you can still do on Sundays....you may want to check w/your pastor or any Catholic friends you may have.

ry@n said...

that is incredible lisa. I'm so glad to see that. I think we all spend way to much time on that site. I gave that and my facebook up about 5 months ago and that was the best decision I probably have ever made when it comes to the wifi generation.

Lisa said...

ryan - yeah it's too easy to get caught up in those things nowadays. everyone's doing it! and it seems harmless...until you really step back and realize how little time you spend with God and how much you are on those stupid websites!