Monday, February 18, 2008

If i'm being honest..

I feel like there's something in the way. I don't feel 100% wrapped up in Jesus when I'm worshipping. I have these thoughts in my head that are not of the spirit. I know that the enemy is right on my doorstep. And now that I'm growing so deeply in my relationship with God, he is knocking very loudly...but I don't think it's that. It feels like there is some wall that is still up. I think it's the trusting wall. I have been in scripture most every day...but I have something distracting me. And I can't quite put my finger on it....

Lord, I know you are the same as you were yesterday, today and tomorrow. But something with me doesn't feel right. I ask that you would take away whatever this is holding my relationship with you back. I want my heart to break for what breaks yours. I want to be passionate and wrapped up in you. Lead me to the cross. Love you...

2 comments:

Jeff Reininger said...

blogging is theraputic...often i wish i had more time to write. sometimes just writing it and getting it out there gets the ball rolling for you! keep praying...perhaps something will snap this weekend at the retreat!

Unknown said...

Wow Lisa...you are growing so much in your relationship with Christ. I am so proud of you. I hope your retreat brings you time to reflect and find some of the direction you are looking for in your worship.

Love you..
Mom