Friday, February 15, 2008

When I was hungry, you fed me.

Today, for the first time with a humble heart, I gave money to a homeless guy begging on the street. My thought process used to go something like "Why should I give you money? You will just go buy a 6 pack..." But when Jesus said "When I was hungry, you fed me, and when I was cold, you clothed me, and when I was incarcerated, you came to visit me..." makes me realize that I am no one to judge who is going to use the money to better themselves and who is going to just go blow it on booze. This particular man could be very hungry, and I have no idea...he is asking for help and I should humbly give.


I had went to the ATM and pulled out some cash to fill up my gas tank. It took $5 less than I thought so I had an extra $5 bill. As I was sitting at the light after filling up, I saw the man and without a single doubt or hesitation in my mind I knew I had to give this man the money. It's not a lot, but it is enough to go buy him a warm meal if he wants one.

Also, I'm wanting to feed my addiction. I won't lie, it hasn't been easy this week not getting on myspace. You know you are addicted when you get on the internet and you automatically type "www.mysp..." backspace, backspace, backspace...very bad. But I have been able to do other more important things...like get a freaking A+ ON MY CHEMISTRY TEST! XD

I am THRILLED about the retreat this weekend! I can hardly contain myself!! I pray that God will truly let me fall head over hills crazy IN LOVE with him this weekend.

And! Katy is my new coworker! SWEET. We are gonna have some fuuun!







is it sunday yet?

2 comments:

Jeff Reininger said...

oh my God, i freaking loved that post! congrats on following your heart and giving the homelss guy some money... and so what if he was just going to buy some beer...i know if i was homeless and had to sleep out in the cold and wet elements, i'd probably want a beer too!

good job on the myspace. i swear that website is evil!!!

be nice to my wife okay...she's new!! haha i know she's really looking forward to working with you starting tomorrow!!

Katy Reininger said...

yay for fun co-workers!!!!! =) thanks for showing me the ropes today! i really had fun working! i think we are going to have a blast!