Wednesday, February 27, 2008

God is bigger than our feelings. Uh huh...?

So I am thinking, do I go with my feelings, or no? I mean I did learn this weekend that we shouldn't rely on feelings, but i don't fully get that. How far do I take it? I have to be able to rely on feelings a little bit, or I'd be a numb robot. I guess it's a matter of what the feelings are and are they centered around God. If I have a crush on some guy...is it going to take away from my relationship with God? If so...then I should ignore them and pray that God takes away those feelings. Right? But it's okay to have feelings that nourish your spiritual walk? Am I close?


Stupid butterflies.

3 comments:

ry@n said...

I love it! God starts to use every situation to teach you something. He breaks you all weekend so you can question everything. Thank you for sharing your thoughts keep questioning. Keep thinking. Keep seeking. Keep motivating.

Jeff Reininger said...

I couldn't agree more with ryan. God IS in every situation. when it comes to a guy(or any person or situation), you have to ask yourself how God fits into that situation...where is His role? everything runs through God anyway, so why not get Him involved from the beginning rather than playing catchup. Just like you did with your friend you were talking to at starbucks that one day, if God isn't present in someones life, try to spark their interest. all God calls you to do is everything you have...

Katy Reininger said...

you are so funny! and i love you! =) i think ryan and jeff covered everything so thats all ill say! haha