Thursday, August 21, 2008

What really matters

Jeff Harris nailed on the head a few weeks ago. Stop living in the future. You are wasting away your life if you are constantly worried about tomorrow. So now I ask the question, what really matters? What in your life can you live for right this second?

Jesus. Family. Friends. People who I want to be my friends.

I'm reading this book called "Why They Call Him The Savior" by Max Lucado. It's seriously amazing. It talks about pure grace. God does not care where we have been. What we have done. Why we did it. As long as we call Him savior, and do so believe, He is saving us a place in Heaven. How insane is that? Like the story of the crucified crook. He was there on the cross with Jesus and looked over to him and straight up just asked him basically if he could go to heaven. He said he believes, and so he wants a place in heaven. First of all, what kind of crazy person would live the life of a crook and then face to face with Jesus have the guts to ask himself into heaven? Then the most ridiculous part, Jesus says yes!!! This guy is minutes away from death. He will not be able to feed the hungry, give to the needy, say grace before a meal, share the good news...but Jesus did not care about that part. He believes, so there will be a spot for him in Heaven. How amazing is that grace?? Can I get an Amen-ah! Hallelujah! haha no but for real...and to think he views all of us the same. We can all say "well i'm not as screwed up as that guy...so i know i'm going to heaven"... but thats not even the freakin point. gaaah! kla;fadjflasjd its just crazy to me. the love my savior has for me blows my MIIIND. i have to go think on this for a while.


oh and im starting a life group!! im so so excited!! I am seeing why God put me through all these trials & tribulations now... because I could NOT have led a life group 6 months ago.


and i have a wesley. :) he's super amazing to me and God definitely has a plan for us! its crazy!


I also bought a bracelet today for a nice little reminder. It reads "For God did not send His son to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him." John 3:17. Can I get an Amen-ah! :) Totally took me back to the winter retreat....there is nooo condemnation in Christ. :)

No comments: