Tuesday, July 15, 2008

politically incorrect

My new government teacher who insists on being "politically correct" not only made himself look like a moron but offended several people in my class. I walk in about 2 minutes early to class, so it was pretty full. I sat down (not that it matters now, but later it matters...I sat down next to a black guy) I didn't think anything of it because well...it's 2008. As the teacher is calling roll he is asking where people are from and cracking stupid jokes about it. He gets to me and I tell him I'm originally from Kentucky. (Boy do I wish I would have just said "I've lived here all my life") He then proceeds to say "Oh I thought people up in Kentucky didn't sit next to black people". .......... What am I supposed to say that? Maybe if this was the 30's or 40's and we haven't gone 40 years past integration, yeah that would be appropriate, but who the helllllll are you to say that?! Puts me, the guy sitting next to me, and the whole class in a very awkward position, just because you are trying to be "funny".

This might be the worst 4 weeks of the year.

2 comments:

Jeff Reininger said...

wow...what year is it, 1912!? have fun with that one. if it were me though, i'd enjoy each and every class... who knows what kind of garbage will fly out of his mouth! i wouldn't wanna get gyp'ed of any politically incorrect humor...wait, i can't use that word!

Anonymous said...

that's unbelievable.... being a born & bred kentuckian, i find that truly offensive. Like the previous post, I would be anxious to see how he humiliates himself further....

remind me to tell you a story about mamaw that i found out last weekend.