Friday, April 4, 2008

do it with a heart wide open

I can definitely pin point some huge turn points in my life. All of them come from a me making a huge realization or discovery of something I was never quite aware of in my life. Words of hope, encouragement, good intent...really do have this huge impact on peoples life. I think we could all change the world if we, instead of saying hateful, anger inspired words, displayed kindness, forgiveness, mercy, and grace. Something I'm writing on my to do list (first, i suppose I should actually make a to do list...) but the first thing on it will be to say something to brighten someones day everyday. Not because I have to, but because I know that will make them happier and in turn, they will do that for someone else (hopefully). Sort of "pay it forward" i guess...

Also, never be someone you aren't. God created me the way I was supposed to be. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what that entails, but as far as I know, I have a bunch of great friends around me, and they love me for me.

It's been way too long since I've seen my family. Going more than 3 months is almost more than I can bare. By the next time I will see them, I will have gone the longest I've ever gone without seeing my mommy! :(

1 comment:

Jeff Reininger said...

i couldn't agree with you more. being nice to others is very rewarding (even if that sounds selfish...eh!). plus, it's so much easier to be nice. i really think it takes effort on your part to be rude or mean-hearted. i can't imagine a single rude word flying out of your heart. you continue to inspire with your faithfulness and humility through crisis. see ya sunday.