Tuesday, April 22, 2008

slowing down

I apologize for the lack of posts in the past few weeks. I have no worthy excuses, only time wasted and words in my garbage can. First of all - May is quickly approaching! 2008 has gone by so fast. I'm shaking my head as I type this realizing it has no intentions of slowing down. It's true I want the 19th day of May to get here as soon as it can, but after that is there any possible way of just...stopping time? Seriously...at least just slow down! I feel like I'm running a marathon and someone else is moving my arms and legs. I feel the pain though. The inability to take a deep breath or really see whats passing me by. The sweat trickling down my cheek - almost feels like tears. I'm sure its a mixture of both. I should have stopped 14 miles ago, but that would leave me alone, no spectators, no one alongside, and a lot of unfinished projects. So there is really no choice but to keep

running.



Lord if there is any possible way of allowing me to stop and smell the roses without falling at the wayside, I'd sure love a tiny vacation. I need time away - well what I need is...time with You. Just You. Take me back to that place again. You know that I know that I need it. More than finishing my last few days at school. More than getting to work. More than anything, I need to be lost.....in You.

3 comments:

Jeff Reininger said...

welcome back stranger...and welcome to the race. its a long course...but i hear crossing the finish line is mind-blowing!

Kyle Burkholder said...

keep running.

Lisa said...

thanks guys....i've decided thats probably the best and only choice i've got.