Wednesday, April 30, 2008

i don't pray enough

plain and simple. flyleaf has some awesome lyrics.

Swirling shades of blue
Slow dancing in your eyes
Sun kisses the earth
And I hush my urge to cry

I wanna be there for you
Someone you can come to
Runs deeper than my bones
I wanna be there for you
I wanna be there for you



how many times do i realize and feel the conviction that i am not living for my best friend, like i promised Him i would, and then just pretend to not feel that conviction? I just blow it off. I promised my savior, that I would love Him and serve Him and honor Him, and i keep screwing up!!

You say that your strength is made perfect in my weakness. But I continue to fall on a daily basis. I'm pretty much tired of writing blogs like this. Thats why I don't really write anymore, because this is all they would be about.


I really don't like the road I see my life going. Other things have become priorities and this is not ok. not at all....

I feel like I get it all. I get that I'm a screw up, and that I have this powerful love of a savior just waiting for me....but i'm tempted and so easily give in all the dang time. i feel like i don't have the right kind of people around me. well...enough of them. and i also know that im too easily swayed to do the wrong thing...i'm not strong enough - well i don't feel strong enough to live like He wants me to (and like i know would be the best...) It's late and I'm babbling, so it probably isn't making any sense, but I know that my job at the christian bookstore has oddly enough got in the way of me staying on the ....i dunno how else to say it without sounding cliche, but the path to righteousness.



blahhhhhhhhhh


i normally don't ask for prayers, but i really do need it. i don't know exactly why...i just feel ...sad...and too far from God right now.


honestly i just want to be around my friends @ the tribe & at gracepoint more than i have been lately. they help keep me in line. i love my other friends to death, but they aren't doing anything for me spiritually....if anything they are hindering it.

3 comments:

Jeff Reininger said...

amen sister...believe me, you're preaching to the choir. reading your words, it seems like i've written them myself. i can tell you to focus on the good things, as few as they may seem! i know it would sound cliched to say, let the Lord be your strength, because you already know that...it's a matter of putting it into action. like i said...been there! people need people.... we can do nothing on our own... that's the whole point of the tribe, to see that community and fellowship will help you get through the suck... it did for me! i'm excited to hear that you're realizing that. let's talk more about this soon!!! miss ya lady.

Katy Reininger said...

I LOVE YOU LISA!!!!!!! when are we going to have that lunch? i miss you so much!

Jay said...

We all fail. I fail so much. We can never be strong enough to live like He wants; to try to do it under our own power can only lead to failure. It's so easy to get caught up in our past failings, to let them paralyse us. The only way out is forward: to continually say "no longer" and to trust and rely on His strength for the future. It's hard to keep at it and easy to forget, so I have to remind myself often.