Monday, January 26, 2009

marilyn monroe quotes = love

So i was just browsing through the internet when I came across this quote from Marilyn Monroe..."and sometimes good things fall apart so that better things can fall together." In general I think people can get so caught up in the disappointments in our life to a point where we forget that God does have our best interest as HIS best interest. We think we're never going to get over this. Life as we know it is over. There is no way we will ever be happy again. Then the clouds part, the light starts shining through and before you know it, your happy again. You have this new part of you that you didn't before and God shows you that he is in control. That he has everything taken care of. That if you listen and obey him and trust him, you will always be taken care of. By the almighty God himself...

Trust me, I am preachin to the choir. I know I'm better off. I know that relationship was the worst thing for me. I know I deserve better. I know my God holds me in the palm of his hands. I have to trust that really soon the dark clouds are going to part and His light will shine through. But I have to keep holding on to what I know. And I need the people around me that I love, and love me, my church friends, family... I need you guys more than ever right now. I have tried to distance myself from ya'll, when I was scared and insecure, but I know that right where I belong is running towards God. ...and that's what I'll be attempting to do in these coming days... that first step will be much anticipated but very hard to take.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good on you girl! Your story echoes mine. There's always a way out, a second chance, a new beginning and a new love. Keep shining and let God's light shine within you =) xx That's what I love about being a muslim- the immense peace one acquires within the depths of the one's soul.